User Privacy Rights
It applies to the Mydealzone website and all related sites, applications, services and tools regardless of how they are accessed or used.
Mydealzone conducts business in a responsible and sustainable manner and ensures customer information is securely collected, processed, and stored based on business requirements. In furtherance of this and compliance with industry regulations,
Scope and consent
Collecting personal information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), otherwise known as Personal Information or Personal Data. They include: Name, email address, phone number, contact address, limited financial information, location data, device data, etc.
How we collect personal information
Customers data is collected electronically when they visit our website and register to use any of our services. This is collected electronically with exchanges between your system (Computer, Server, Mobile Device) or service provider’s system and our system.
We collect Customers’ data manually when they complete our product and services registration forms in registering to use any of our services. Similar data are also collected when customers or visitors’ visit our physical locations for enquiries or business relationship.
We collect information from or about customers from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our Customer Support interfaces – email, portal, phone calls, social media and other communication channels; Customer support teams, Customer response to surveys, Training programmes, Corporate Social Responsibility events, Promotional events, and interactions with members of Mydealzone or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law).
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification services.
How we use collected information
We collect personal information to provide users of our services with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Furthermore, the information collected may also be used to: provide Mydealzone Services and customer support; process transactions and send notices about your transactions; verify your identity, including during password reset processes; resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems; manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements.
We also collect personal information to improve our services by customizing your user experience; measure the performance of Mydealzone and improve the content and layout; manage and protect our information technology infrastructure; provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences; contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging; and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Additionally, we may contact you via electronic means to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Furthermore, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts, and promotions, and inform you about additional Mydealzone Services or its group services.
Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialled or pre-recorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
Protection And Storage Of Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Lagos, Nigeria and anywhere else where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls. We have also taken additional measure by ensuring our system complies with industry information security standards.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine customer’s information with information collected from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Mydealzone services, content, and advertising. We have also included opportunity for customers that had initially subscribed to receiving notification or information about their activities in relation to the use of Mydealzone to unsubscribe or request to be removed from applicable databases.
Sharing Personal Information with Other Mydealzone Users
- When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction.
- The receiving party (seller / merchant) is not allowed to use personal information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you, unless you have agreed to it. Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is not authorized by Mydealzone.
- Please note that merchants you buy from or contract with have their own privacy policies, and Mydealzone does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing Mydealzone Services, Mydealzone is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
- Notwithstanding, we will not disclose your credit / debit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you in the course of transacting on Mydealzone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit / debit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal processes.
Sharing personal information with other third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Other member companies of the group to which Mydealzone belongs to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions, and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of the group will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to market Mydealzone related products unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit / debit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Mydealzone or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit / debit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Other Unaffiliated Third Parties, For the Following Purposes:
We may share your personal information with:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk.
- Customer Service for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes.
- Shipping in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using Mydealzone.
- Legal Compliance to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country. Mydealzone is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
Mydealzone is committed to protecting customers’ personal information regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for where such data is transferred across borders, including outside of Nigeria. We have further taken measure to ensure our relationships are with countries that are governed by similar data protection regulation. Mydealzone conducts assessment of other entities to provide a reasonable assurance of the safety of customer’s information.
Customer Data Protection Rights
Our customers have data protection rights and are entitled to the following:
- The right to access – Customer have the right to request for copies of their personal data. Mydealzone may charge a fee for this service if it will require a substantial amount of resources to accomplish.
- The right to rectification – Customers have the right to request that Mydealzone corrects any information they believe and have proven have been captured inaccurately. Customers also have the right to request Mydealzone to complete the information they believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – Customers have the right to request that Mydealzone erases their personal data, under certain conditions. These conditions are not limited to regulatory requirements, law enforcement agencies, or where such action may cause disruption to our system.
- The right to restrict processing – Customers have the right to request that Mydealzone restricts the processing of their personal data, under certain conditions. (as above).
- The right to object to processing – Customers have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of their personal data, under certain conditions. (as above)
- The right to data portability – Customers have the right to request that Mydealzone transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to them, under certain conditions. (as above)
Customer request based on any of the rights above shall be handled between 2 to 4 working weeks. Customer may contact us by email or writing.
When you access our websites, we may place small data files on your computer or another device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively referred to as “Cookies”). These technologies are used to recognize users as customers; customize Mydealzone, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and to promote trust and safety across Mydealzone and related sites.
Users can freely decline our Cookies if the web browser or browser add-on permits unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our websites and Services.
Privacy Policies of other Websites
Your consent to personal data collection and processing may be revoked by notifying us.
Please note, in case you choose to not provide us with the consent or withdraw the consent at any given point of time, we may not be able to provision the services as intended
In the event of a violation of this Policy by the Company, we shall immediately upon becoming aware of such violation, assess the extent of the violation and take specific actions such as correction, modification, or transfer of the data, subject to the lawful demands of the data subject. The specific actions of correction, modification and transfer shall be effected within 30 days, subject to external factors not within the reasonable control of the Company.
How to Contact Us
Call us at: 09077555557
Or write to us at: CeLD Innovations Limited – 177, Moshood Olugbani Street off Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.